Thursday, March 01, 2012

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers


Sloane and five other teens are trapped inside their high school during a zombie outbreak. Just one bite to kill you and reanimate you as a vicious creature without any sense of love, compassion, or remorse: only a hunger for human flesh. People have become erratic and sometimes Sloane doesn't know who to trust. The necessities of the group change drastically, everything turns for the worse, and their willingness to survive takes them to a new level. The dead know the living are inside the high school and it's only a matter of time before the dead get past the barriers until something happens that will change the group, for better or for worse.
This book was one of the best books I've ever read. It was filled with action and suspense and sometimes I found myself yelling at the characters because of their slow thinking. But I don't blame them, because if I came face to face with a zombie there would be a lot of hesitating. This book isn't completely filled with action but instead focuses on the mind of someone who was in Sloane's situation and how they would react to the mental changes that turn them from a human to a survivor. It was the first zombie book I have read and it has convinced me that I've found my genre.
It is violent and gory.
Reviewer Age:12
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leawood, Kansas United States